Atlanta is a city with a long American History. Wars have been fought there and marches have been waged. The city is beautiful and resplendent. The land was bought from the native Americans in 1822. That makes it one of the oldest cities in the south. Atlanta is truly the city of legends.
It has been featured prominently in movies of the ante-bellum period, and now even more in movies about the New South. It is the home of southern Hip Hop and stars flock to it like a Mecca. The Cherokee that once lived there named the are “Standing Peachtree” and the mark of it lingers on.
It is all big city now, with skyscrapers and urban blight.
But there are still plenty of venues to enjoy a quiet walk by moonlight after having enjoyed the pageantry of a beautiful southern sunset. Read on to find out more about five of the best places to photograph a sunset in Atlanta.
1. You can get a remarkable view of the Atlanta Skyline from the balcony of any of its numerous high rise hotels.
The Palomar Hotel has just such a view. You may stand on any of its southern facing balconies overlooking the city and get great photographs. The hotel is located on West Peachtree and 7th. This hotel is not far from the Georgia Tech campus or the Interstates.
2. If you take the time to go to the top of the Garson Street Parking garage at the Marta station on Lindberg you will get some amazing photographs. The skyline can be seen for miles and the reds and oranges of the sunsets make a terrific backdrop for the city.
3. You can also get great sunset photos when you visit Stone Mountain. This is a natural rock park and it is open year round. You can see the skyline from the city from the 3200 acres park. Get dynamic photographs not only of the marvelous sunsets but also of the laser light show they have just after sunset on a nightly basis.
4. The Buckhead area of Atlanta is a place you can get some great photographs of sunsets. The haze from the city makes for interesting pictures. The sky puts on a rainbow light show like you would not believe. Take a sunset stroll through this area and snap to your hearts content.
5. The botanical gardens offer you the beauty of nature and the creativity of the divine artist. You cannot find a better place to point your lens as the sun displays its glory for the end of the day.
Atlanta is a wonderful city full of history and substance.
You can find many places that will allow you to perch high enough above the hustle and bustle to get some amazing sunset shots. Take a tour of the city around sunset and you are sure to be inspired.